Foreign nationals may be eligible for a bridging open work permit if the following conditions are met:
- Applied for permanent residence in Canada under one of these Canada immigration programs:
– Federal Skilled Worker Program
– Canadian Experience Class
– Federal Skilled Trades Program
– Provincial Nominee Program
– Caring for Children Class
– Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class
- The current work permit expires in 4 months or less.
- Have a valid status on a work permit.
- Are currently in Canada.